Can a 2yr olds b-day party be eco?December 8th, 2008 by lucy
While not 100% eco, we were pleased with the overall effect of the little guy’s “garbage truck” party last weekend. Here are our top eco efforts…
1) Recycline plates, cups and tableware from Preserve - made from 100% recycled plastic & diswasher safe. We also used old jars for cold drinks and mugs for coffee.
2) Favors were customized seed packets and recycled crayons inside miniature garbage bins.
3) No plastic decorations - material remnant for tablecloth & paper hats for the kiddies.
4) Locally sourced, organic & homegrown/made food.
5) Evite instead of paper invitations.
6) Guests were requested to be creative with wrapping - no gift wrap.
Obviously the green food coloring wasn’t natural… but really, who wants an avocado-cream garbage truck cake?
Want to win enough Preserve Tableware to host your own party? You’re in luck - we’re giving it away!